This one is a favorite to make on Halloween. Let's face it, Halloween is a busy day full of class parties, costume parades, and trick or treating. By dinner time kids will be anxious to go out trick or treating and you won't have to rush yourself to get dinner on the table. Start this soup in the afternoon and it will be ready to go before your goblins head out to go trick or treating.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. cooked/browned lean ground beef or ground turkey, speason with salt and pepper while cooking on stove
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn (or 1 15 ounce can)
- 2 cups black beans (or 1 15 ounce can)
- 2 cups red kidney beans (or 1, 15 ounce can)
- 1 package of Ranch seasoning mix (Or use homemade ranch recipe below)
- 2 TBL Taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Green onion
- Cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Tortilla chips or Fritos
- Sour cream
Place all ingredients (*except for the optional ingredients*) into a slow cooker (crock pot), and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Don’t drain the canned corn or beans, the juice from them are the juice for the soup.
To give a nice finish to the soup, sprinkle with the optional ingredients; shredded cheese, a sprinkle of green onion, and a dallop of sour cream. You may also sprinkle crushed tortilla chips on top when serving, or just serve tortilla chips or Frito chips on the side.
Homemade ranch seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper